BKexpress Special Edition (SE) is generally for medium to larger firms, or firms with “large firm vision,” that:
- Are looking to grow to 25 or more petitions per month.
- Are looking to maximize the value of their marketing investments.
- Are looking to maximize productivity and efficiency while appreciably growing revenue.
- Typically have multiple offices.
- Typically invest in direct marketing campaigns.
The Underlying Engine
BKexpress SE is built on top of the leading legal practice management software: Lexis Time Matters Software. Over 15,000 law firms and 100,000 users rely on this software every day to manage their practices.
With the purchase of Time Matters you receive right out of the box:
- Case Management
- Contact Relation Management
- Calendaring and Docketing
- ToDo Lists and Delegation
- Document Management
- Document Automation
- Email Management
- Notes and Phone Management
- Basic Billing
- Research Tracking
Developed and supported by LexisNexis, and with a 20 year track record, you can rest assured that your new system won’t disappear tomorrow. With LexisNexis handling the continuing development of the underlying engine, OTB can focus its efforts on working with you and other consumer bankruptcy attorneys to make sure we are reacting to the ever- changing market conditions and providing you with the bankruptcy-specific tools you need to keep growing.
Call Center/Client Acquisition
- Tracking and managing outgoing calls to Internet and other leads to increase the likelihood of setting an initial conference.
- Tracking the quality of appointment setting employees, the quality of interviewers, and other aspects of the pre-petition process.
- Tracking the quality of appointment setting, the quality of interviewers, and other aspects of the pre-petition process, by office.
- Appointment confirmation call system to increase show rates.
- No-Show/Hire-Later follow-up system to recapture appointments that don’t show or don’t initially retain.
- Client prospecting system to help you set appointments, track potential clients, and follow-up with clients who miss appointments and/or don’t retain your firm.
- Client Acquisition System tracks prospects, no-shows, and hire-laters with an effective method for converting them to paying clients.
- Advanced Quick Tabs on the Event and Case lists provide the ability to track the high volume of pre-petition appointments.
Bankruptcy Case Management and Workflow
BKexpress SE increases your efficiency and productivity by managing the workflow of your bankruptcy cases.
- Debtor and case information at your fingertips, including phone numbers, email addresses, case number, status, filing date, and all the other information you’d normally have to sift through the file to find.
- More than 50 customized Contact, Event, and ToDo data collection forms for Chapter 7 and 13 Cases.
- Digital filing cabinet for easy storage and retrieval of information about prospects, clients, cases, documents, Electronic Court Filings (“ECFs”), emails, and file and phone notes. Everything you’d find in your paper file, available anywhere you have a computer connected to the Internet.
- The ability to “go paperless,” by scanning all of the hard copy documents, and saving all of the already digital ECFs, into the digital file cabinet.
- Automated document scanning and naming, with hundreds of templates, customizable for your firm.
- Calendar shared by all users. Everyone can see everyone else’s calendars, making scheduling appointments easier and faster and eliminating the need to make duplicate entries on multiple calendars.
- Contact and Case Power Views present a summary of the important information about the client and the case, and provider an even quicker method to access this information.
- Pre-Petition “Next Step” workflow processing moves your cases quickly from the initial conference to retention, file opening, waiting for payment, document collection, petition preparation and signing, through filing.
- More than 50 scripts and workflow instructions using Power Views to guide users through their duties, standardizing procedures and facilitating training new hires, with links to perform common tasks, such as emailing clients to remind them of appointments and meetings.Action Lists performs 400+ common tasks automatically, letting you easily and consistently add information to the system with an easy to use, consistent, and customizable menu.
- Checklists to confirm that all necessary steps have been completed to meet the legal requirements and that firm procedures have been followed for:
- Document Collection.
- Petition Processing.
- Petition Filing.
- 341 Meeting.
- Creditor or Trustee Objections.
- Modification Confirmation.
- Document automation system with 250+ bankruptcy documents.
- Pre-Petition Critical Date System tracks foreclosures, wage garnishments, attachments, and other actions that affect when the petition must be filed, especially where a bare bones petition is concerned.
- Bankruptcy-specific Diary and Note System that allows users to enter routine notes in seconds.
- Reaffirmation management system that manages the work necessary to meet the legal and practical requirements of debt reaffirmation.
- Advanced post-petition tasks system that manages the various tasks that need to be performed after the filing of the petition through the 341 meeting, and, in Ch. 13 cases, confirmation.
- Credit Counseling and Debtor education tracking helps prevent the problems that occur if the debtor doesn’t complete these requirements timely.
- ECF management using our Gatekeeper system, where all information passes through a review process and is assigned to the appropriate person to handle the issue. Many firms use this system without the need to handle the paper notices or print the ECFs. This is especially important for firms that are building up a growing number of confirmed Ch. 13 petitions, and need to respond properly to motions to dismiss, etc.
- Post-Petition docketing system to handle all of the ECFs and other notices that can occur after filing.
Bankruptcy Billing System
- Tracks Ch. 7 and 13 fees, costs, and payments.
- Automated entry of no-look and other standard fees and costs.
- Generates bills and letters showing billing detail.
- Auto notification when amount due from client (versus Ch. 13 Plan) is paid in full.
- Tracks payments by date to identify clients who aren’t making progress towards filing.
- Document aging system calculates how long client has been paid in full but has not provided all necessary documents, allowing the firm to warn the client to provide the necessary documentation, and then terminate its representation if it is not forthcoming.
- Supplemental fee tracking system results in recovering such fees that were never requested, and automates the fee petition process.
Reporting and Metrics
Reporting and tracking systems that help you effectively manage the business, staff and operational efficiencies and profitability of your practice:
- Show/no-show rates.
- Source of business and case distribution reports.
- Business metrics, such as tracking number of initial conferences scheduled, conferences held, number of no-shows, and number of retained clients.
- Best appointment setter.
- Best interviewer.
- Disposition ratios of your various pre-petition meetings.
- Length between various phases of the work flow process.
- Retain ratio of your intake attorneys/interviewers.
- Advertising referral reports.
- Retain/Filing ratios.
- More ….
Pricing and Ordering
BKexpress SE costs $995 per user, per year, in addition to the cost of the Time Matters Software. BKeBilling is $100 per user, per year. The cost of implementation varies from firm to firm based on firm specific needs. That said, most firms are able to take advantage of BKexpress Essentials Implementation which is a fixed fee implementation package that includes customization, basic data conversion, firm-specific customization, and training. The fixed fee is a one time charge of $10,000.
To order BKexpress Cloud contact OTB Consulting at 919-677-1415 x2 or BKexpress @otb-consulting.com.